FORUMS: list search recent posts

Z-Position For Emitters

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dragon
Z-Position For Emitters
on Jul 26, 2006 at 6:27:24 pm

I have been waiting, for years it seems like, for particle illusion 4.0?

My main concern and only reason for upgrade would be for Zposition of emitters. Is this in the works?

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Z-Position For Emitters
on Jul 26, 2006 at 6:50:17 pm

[Dragon] "only reason for upgrade"

How could you possibly say this, without knowing what the features would be? Are you saying that particleIllusion 3 does EVERYTHING you need except Z? ;-)

Don't expect 4.0 until mid next year I think. Before that, we have planned a 3.1 Windows release (to fix the DV and other AVI issues) which will be a free update. Then 3.5 is next, which will be a paid upgrade with new features that I will not list yet, but 3D is not one of them. Next would be 4.0, with a 3D engine.

Note that ANY of this could change at any time. For instance, I may decide to skip the 3.1 update, and just roll it into 3.5. Or, I may decide that 3.5 should be 3D, which means that there will be no 3.5, and we'll go straight to 4.0. I doubt this will happen, but I'm saying that I reserve the right to do so.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

shadu
on Jul 28, 2006 at 2:34:08 am

A stand alone software who can do 3D particle system like PI3 could be very interesting. I was obligated to used particular from trapcode the other days to replicate a effect i done in PI because of the 3D look of it. I can find a lot of use of the PI 3D.

Shadu

Return to posts index

Shayder
on Jul 28, 2006 at 9:11:15 pm

A little off topic, but I think Alan should change his last name to Wondertouch. I was just looking at his signature and it just looks right, you know what I mean?

I just came back to work after lunch and still buzzing from my fries and gravy.

I agree, the 3d engine thing would be great, can't wait till you get it out.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Jul 29, 2006 at 5:36:36 am

Alan Wondertouch sounds like the name of a 70s pop star. Someone with long curly hair, a handlebar moustache, and dressed in tye-dyed tights.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Jul 29, 2006 at 7:06:28 pm

What about "Alan VonDertouch" ? ;-)

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index