FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mac PI 3.0 video question

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Schoolyard bully
Mac PI 3.0 video question
on Jul 20, 2006 at 10:16:13 pm

Hi, I have recently downloaded the demo of PI 3.0 for Mac OS X and have found it to be fantastic. However, I do have a problem. Whenever I try to import video into PI, it crashes. This happens every time. I double click on the layer, and select a video clip (the clips I select are very small, maybe three seconds long). Then a message comes up that says "Image is not the same size as the stage, make stage same size as image?". I select "no", since the stage on the demo version can't be resized, and the program just shuts down (It also shuts down when I select "yes" to resize the stage). Now, another strange thing is that the video clips I am selecting ARE the same size as the stage (640 x 480).

The video I am attempting to import is exported out of Apple Imovie and the files are .DV quicktime files. Now, I know that certain DV AVI files are not accepted by the Microsoft version, and I was wondering whether the Mac version has any of these restrictions. If it does and there is no way to import files that have been made with Imovie, is there anything I can do?

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Mac PI 3.0 video question
on Jul 21, 2006 at 4:44:16 pm

There are no limitations on QuickTime movies (MOV) that pIllusion can use on the Mac. I wonder if it is a problem with the demo version? Can you send a clip that crashes (doesn't matter how long it is -- shorter is better) and I'll test it here? Email it to wondertouch support (or email a download link).

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Schoolyard bully
Re: Mac PI 3.0 video question
on Jul 23, 2006 at 8:25:08 pm

All right, I will be sending you an email with a video sample attached,

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]