FORUMS: list search recent posts

Move away from rather than toward for example into a Dust Trail 0

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
fxdesigner
Move away from rather than toward for example into a Dust Trail 0
on Jul 20, 2006 at 8:26:29 am

Hi -

Admittedly there may be an obvious answer to what may seem to be a silly question.

How do I CHANGE the parameter of this effect > "Into A Dust Trail" (Alan_00_03.iel) so that it appears I am "flying OUT OF a DUsT TRAIL" rather than Flying "Into" it?

In otherwords, rather than looking FORWARD, I wish to be looking BEHIND (Backward) - like being in a plane and looking out the back when passing through a dense cloud ( or similar ).

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

FX Designer

Return to posts index

enigma735
Re: Move away from rather than toward for example into a Dust Trail 0
on Jul 20, 2006 at 8:05:01 pm

You will want to go into the emitter's properties.. click on the particle type (in this case it says "Dust")...then go into "Size Over Life". You will notice that it is slowly rising from 0 to 200 with numerous keyframes (creating a curve on the graph as it rises) to give it a smoother increase in size. What you want to do, to make it appear as if you are moving Out of the Dust, is make it so the Size over Life is falling over time. Just move the keyframes on the bottom to the top, and the ones on the top to the bottom basically... making it a descending curve on the graph... this will give you the desired effect. To make the effect slower or faster (as if you were moving quickly or slowly through the dust) adjust the point on the Life graph in the particle type's properties ("Dust" again), I THINK! <-- There is probably a better way to do it than this. Alan or Elvis would know.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Jul 20, 2006 at 8:16:22 pm

You're right about "size over life" and you're right that there is an easier way. Don't move the graph points manually -- just r-click and use "Mirror" or "Flip".

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

fxdesigner
on Jul 20, 2006 at 9:57:28 pm

Hi Alan -

thanks for your response...

Not to be "thick-headed" but WHERE do I "rt-click" to flip or mirror the effect?? I just do see it, sorry...

FX Designer

Return to posts index

fxdesigner
on Jul 20, 2006 at 10:44:51 pm

Ok... Duh.... I found it!

Another question when looking at your properties window, the animation that is playing the effect (on the right) displays the effect as a nice, seamless loop (or so it appears) - when actually creating the frames obviously the sequence will hiccup from any frame to the ending frame (when starting over) - any suggestions on how to in essence create a seamless particle loop that from the last frame to the first frame (on the second to infinite loop) appear smooth??

Again thank for your patience and help...

Return to posts index

fxdesigner
on Jul 20, 2006 at 9:50:28 pm

Thank you for your help...
It's appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]