FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converging two objects...

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
enigma735
Converging two objects...
on Jul 19, 2006 at 3:47:19 pm

Hey again, I'm currently working on a project in which I have two BurnartFlames Wall 2 emitters masked by an alpha of a human silhouette making one look like a being made up of fire, and the other a being made of ice (Similar to Iceman). What I am trying to do, is get the two to merge into one, and have half the body as fire, and the other half as ice (kind of looks like the Gillette Fusion commercial heh). I have tried placing each body onto it's own Layer, Layer 0 and Layer 1... then I simply move the two over the top of eachother over say, 10 frames. Then what I was trying to do was use blockers to cover the right half of the fire body, and the left half of the ice body on the respective layers. Now this obviously doesn't work, since the blocker on Layer 1 not only covers the left half of the ice body, but also the left half of the fire body, too, since Layer 1 (The Iceman layer) is on top of Layer 0(The Human Torch layer). Is it possible to make a blocker only effect it's own layer?

If you would like me to upload my project / images somewhere in a zip. Let me know.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Converging two objects...
on Jul 19, 2006 at 4:02:59 pm

No, a blocker will cover all particles below it, even on other layers.

Why don't you just make it 2 separate projects, and combine them in another app or pIllusion as a bg layer? Render the ice guy first, then load it as bg image into the fire man project.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

enigma735
on Jul 19, 2006 at 4:06:38 pm

Wow, that's a great idea, and so simple! I can't believe I didn't think of that. Thank you Alan

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Jul 19, 2006 at 4:35:53 pm

Just remember to use a lossless format for the intermediate render (TGA, PNG, or a lossless movie codec).

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]