FORUMS: list search recent posts

Slowing down a point emitter..

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
enigma735
Slowing down a point emitter..
on Jul 13, 2006 at 1:44:55 pm

Is it possible to slow down a point emitter, for example the Side Shells Smoke emitter in the gunfire library. I am trying to work on a bullet-time project and want to make it appear as if the machine gun (chain gun in this instance) is firing also in bullet-time. What I need for this is to slow down the actual muzzle flash, the rate at which the shells are kicked up and fall to the ground, and slow down the smoke rising from where the shells eject. I've tried working with the Weight on the Shells, and that seems to work pretty well for slowing them down in mid fall... but I'm still having trouble getting the muzzle flash and smoke to appear in "slow motion" or bullet-time.

Return to posts index

enigma735
Re: Slowing down a point emitter..
on Jul 13, 2006 at 2:27:03 pm

I'm also trying to make it so only one shell is ejected, but it keeps randomly ejecting different amounts in time with the muzzle flashes (1 2 or 3 depending on the muzzle flashes) I've tried everything to change it, but nothing's working.

Return to posts index

Aharon Rabinowitz
Re: Slowing down a point emitter..
on Jul 14, 2006 at 5:36:24 am

You can set the project to run at high frame rates - and when you bring it into AE or whatever program you composite in, set the footage to be read as 30 FPS. So if you set your project to 240 FPS, then in AE it would be 1/8th the speed.

To get rid of the variation in number, try setting the number variation property to 0.

----------------------------------------
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
----------------------------------------
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]