FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing avi file and using PI in it

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mykey38
Importing avi file and using PI in it
on Jul 9, 2006 at 1:54:40 am

Ok, I am VERY new to PI so this question may be hard to explain. Basically I have a 3d animation that i rendered in VUE 5 infinite where the camera flies around a mountain and stops in front of another mountain revealing a logo. I have keyframed points in VUE to show the mountain disappear at a certain point so the logo becomes visible. The effect I want is for it to look like the mountain was blown up and the final frame will show the logo. Now how can I do this in PI? When I add an emitter after importing the movie file the emitter follows the camera movement and will not stay in place. I want an explosion to start while the camera moves to the right but the explosion needs to stay as the camera moves on.Then as the camera pans back the mountain is blown away revealing the logo. Is this possible to do in PI or am I just wishing too much? As I said I have all the camera movements and the animation already don so now I just want to add the particle effects.

Thanks for any help!

Mike

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Importing avi file and using PI in it
on Jul 9, 2006 at 4:04:45 am

You'll need to use the Offset function when trying to match a moving background. The basics of how to do this are explained in Tutorial 5 of the help manual. There are a couple of ways to deal with it:

1-If your animation program has a script/plug-in that exports position data of an object that particleIllusion reads, you can just bring that data straight into your emitter. Doesn't look like anyone has written one for Vue yet (does Vue have a scripting language?)

2-Use a motion tracker that's compatible with pI, whether it be one like Syntheyes or Smooth-running Gun that's stand alone, or one in a compositor like After Effects.

3-Do it by hand. Alan gave a nice example of this in an old thread that can be found here.

Return to posts index

Mykey38
Re: Importing avi file and using PI in it
on Jul 9, 2006 at 5:03:18 pm

Thx Elvis,
I do have after effects 7.0 but I am unsure how to use the tracking feature in that software. Like I said I am just gettign started so a lot of this is new to me. :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]