FORUMS: list search recent posts

dumb newbie needs help

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
beast666
dumb newbie needs help
on Jul 4, 2006 at 11:55:00 pm

Hiya guys,
Can't figure out how to fade out-to-black the Background Image, say after 120 frames. I know there is a " hold-frame" button, but when I click on that, the whole background vanishes, right at frame one. I can work out how to " bring-in " the background image ( at say, frame 40 ) but can't work out how to fade-to-black it's visibility at frame 120.
I am using the SE version.
Hope someone can help a dumbkoff like me !!
Regards to all.

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: dumb newbie needs help
on Jul 5, 2006 at 2:16:51 pm

There isn't a way to fade a background in/out to black, at least not in the Background Image controls.

What you could do is use a the Fade Black emitter from the May 2001 library, which is just a black square that has its Visibility graph animated over the course of a few frames. It won't help if you want to fade from one background image to another, but if you just want a simple fade in and out, it should do the trick.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Jul 5, 2006 at 2:22:48 pm

There is no control for fading background images (in or out), but you can do it with an emitter.

Select a "single particle" emitter, use a square particle shape, make it black, and size it way up so it covers the whole screen. Then you can use the visibility of it to block out the bg movie, which will make it look like it is fading out.

There are good starting emitters in the "misc_01" library, or "Alan_01_05".

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

beast666
on Jul 5, 2006 at 7:04:10 pm

Thanks so much. As usual,you guys are magnificent. I really appreciate your help.
Regards.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]