FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using Particle Illusion with Flash 8

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lay.z.boy
Using Particle Illusion with Flash 8
on Jul 4, 2006 at 4:01:37 am

I want to use particle Illusion with flash, but I want to keep the swf filesize as small as possible. I export the particleillusion as a sequence of PNG's. I then import those png's to After effects and put the quality low which helps to reduce the filesize. When I import a normal 200 frame animation (320px by 240px) into the flash however, I still get a flash that is over a megabyte just for this simple short animation...

Is there anyone here that uses ParticleIllusion with flash that could possible help me out with ways to DRASTICALLY reduce the filesize when using them with Flash.

Thank you,
Michael

Return to posts index

dominick
Re: Using Particle Illusion with Flash 8
on Jul 6, 2006 at 1:21:46 am

sure:

export as a png sequence
composite with fav composite app
export as On2 with alpha encoded
load in flv

Return to posts index

lay.z.boy
on Jul 6, 2006 at 4:28:48 am

Would this work when making a website...I want these effects to overlay my website, but can FLV's just be played overtop of a site or do it have to have that stupid frame and play controls?

Return to posts index

dominick
on Jul 6, 2006 at 1:06:51 pm

The On2 codec has true alpha capability which means that you could have a movie with transparency. There are many ways to encode with On2. Adobe has an encoder which ties into most compositing apps. Second, if you own Flash 8 there is an encoder that comes along with the ide.

2 Links to help you along:
http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/tutorials/overlayvideo/
http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/tutorials/alphachannels/

-Dominick

Return to posts index

lay.z.boy
on Jul 6, 2006 at 7:47:48 pm

Don't all FLV have the timeline controls on the bottom though? Or can it be controlled the same way that a movieclip/graphic in flash is controled...

Return to posts index

dominick
on Jul 6, 2006 at 9:08:44 pm

no, flv is the file format for a flash video. There are no timeline controls at the bottom of a flv file. You can play any flv using the standard video object that comes with flash. However, you can also play it using the timeline controls which is what you are referring to. Check the tutorial links I sent and you'll get a better idea.

Navigation is different with video files though. You can only navigate to keyframes. However, you can place keyframes as needed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]