FORUMS: list search recent posts

Make emitter faster!

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Magicmatty
Make emitter faster!
on Jun 30, 2006 at 3:55:39 am

Hi, i have an emitter and i record the postions but its too slow because i cant do it fast enough, is there anyway of making it two times faster without making my video 2 times faster?

thanx

Matthew

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Make emitter faster!
on Jun 30, 2006 at 5:24:13 pm

If you've set keyframes manually and have some space between each one, you can right-click in the Graph window, choose Scale, and scale the frames (x) by 50% to make your emitter twice as fast.

With Record Position, you can't really get the same scaling effect, because there is a keyframe on every frame, so no space to scale down to. You'd have to manually delete half the keyframes and then do it.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Make emitter faster!
on Jun 30, 2006 at 5:28:54 pm

[Elvis Deane] "With Record Position, you can't really get the same scaling effect, because there is a keyframe on every frame, so no space to scale down to. You'd have to manually delete half the keyframes and then do it."

Here's an idea that might make it easier: use "export position data" to get the data into a text file, then import the text file into a spreadsheet program, or text editor -- something that will allow you to easily delete lines of data. (For instance, I use a text editor that has a "line delete" function.)

Then you can import the modified data back into pIllusion using "import position data".

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]