FORUMS: list search recent posts

firelight Movies Emitters and Stock Footage

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
talder
firelight Movies Emitters and Stock Footage
on Jun 26, 2006 at 2:43:59 pm

Hi

I just wanted to ask you a quick question regarding my me fire emitter libraries, as I have used other emitters and changed them a considerable amount, I am looking at combining some of the emitters together to get different looking fire fx and rendering them out as .avi and selling them as stock footage or passing them on to stock footage company to sell. Now I was just wondering am I allowed to do this or not, and I just wanted to ask if it would be a problem?

I hope this makes sense

Thanks

Tim

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: firelight Movies Emitters and Stock Footage
on Jun 26, 2006 at 7:50:51 pm

Tim - I answered this via email, but as usual I can't send email to your email address. You may want to look into getting a hotmail address or something.

You can do "anything" with the rendered output of particleIllusion that you want. Remember that if you just use the emitters that somebody else has created and render them then sell it as your own work, that could be a problem. As long as you've made significant modifications (visually significant changes) to the emitters, or created your own, this is no problem.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

talder
Re: firelight Movies Emitters and Stock Footage
on Jun 27, 2006 at 4:29:50 pm

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the reply, I wasn't going to just use other peoples emitters and render them out as my own.

I was going to modify emitters and combind various emitters together and render that out as a clip of something then sell, is that ok?

I mean there is all my fire library just sitting in a library not really doing much, but now I can sell a whole lot more areas open up now :)

Thanks again

Tim

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]