FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sparks Emitter?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ccirelli
Sparks Emitter?
on Jun 21, 2006 at 1:59:13 am

Hi,

Can anyone point me to an emitter(s) that will give me good bullet ricochet sparks? I have some rifle / handgun sequences in my film, my characters are firing against a hard metal surface. The emitter I need should only "flash" for 2 or 3 frames if that.

I haven't made any emitters of my own yet, and I'm under a crazy deadline so there's no time for tutorials this week. Any help would be greatly appreciated - thank you!

--
Craig

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Sparks Emitter?
on Jun 21, 2006 at 4:33:39 am

smokey sparkler 01 in the January 2004 library might be a good starting point, as well as Bullet Holes 03 in the March 2002 library. Just turn their Number down after a few frames so they only send out a burst of sparks.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

ccirelli
on Jun 21, 2006 at 6:20:58 pm

Thanks Elvis - they do look like a good starting point. I'd like to make them less round and more like lines of sparks. I tried changing the shape in Properties to "Line", but it didn't seem to do anything.

How would I go about this?

Thanks again for your help-

Return to posts index

Dionysus
on Jun 21, 2006 at 7:35:54 pm

As for the line shape, open the smokey sparkler's Emitter Properties - (sub-emitter) sparks - Particles - Behavior, switch to Align to Motion 0 degree and turn on the Keep aligned to motion.

And one more trick, you needn't apply another "line" shape. You can apply the "basic blur" shape which already exists in the current library. Then right click the term size and turn off the "Lock Aspect" function. Now you can alter both width(X) and height(Y) of the shape. In this case, make size X greater than size Y and you now get a line shape. (If size Y greater than size X, change the angle of Align to Motion 90 degree.)

--
Thomash's music works and amateur artwork

Wanna send me an email? Do it now!

Return to posts index

ccirelli
on Jun 23, 2006 at 8:53:30 pm

Thanks! I'll give this a shot-

--
Craig

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>