FORUMS: list search recent posts

24p avi's into PI

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MarkSWS
24p avi's into PI
on Jun 19, 2006 at 6:05:32 pm

I'm using PI 3.0.1a and trying to get it to properly output an .avi for use in a 24p Vegas 5 project. I have brought in an .avi clip shot on a DVX 100a in 24p(advanced mode) into PI, got the effect I want, but can't seem to get the PI rendered .avi to look correct when I bring it back into the Vegas 24p project. It looks like some kind of field mismatch or something. Anyone have any ideas on the proper set-up in PI that might help me? Of course maybe I should just render frames a let Vegas sort it out.Thanks!

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: 24p avi's into PI
on Jun 20, 2006 at 10:31:29 pm

Did you change the frame rate to 23.98 in pI before importing the clip? I don't know for sure if that would have an effect on your output, but it might. Did you change the field settings in the Project Settings? What codec did you export the clip to from pI?

Rendering a still image sequence is usually the best way to go, simply because then you don't have to deal with whatever problems a codec may bring.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

marksws
Re: 24p avi's into PI
on Jun 21, 2006 at 2:11:55 pm

Thanks for the reply. Yes I changed the frame rate, in fact PI seemed to change it for me from the clip's rate of 23.976 to 23.98. But it still doesn't make a correctly playing clip when I bring it into Vegas(at the same project rate). Also I have rendered an avi and a sequence of frames as well and neither plays correctly.

I finally just removed the background .avi from PI and rendered the partical effects with "create non-intense alpha" turned on and got acceptable results. I then did the composite in Vegas but I just wish I could composite the entire shot in PI it just looks better to my eye.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]