FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pi3 and Trapcode, Particular

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nitron
Pi3 and Trapcode, Particular
on Jun 14, 2006 at 10:22:16 pm

Many post on this matter and I would like to str8 this out.

Trapcode, Particular is a 3D particle system and it is NO LESS POWERFUL THAN Fork FX.

None of the above particle system BEAT PI3 when come to REALISM from Wondertouch.
It sound like am bias. I've check out some FX from Particular and Fork FX, the misile, fire/flame,
smoke and explosion look so fake compare to Pi3.

None of the Particular or Fork FX create realistic Water or Cloud. They look like game quality.
I challenge anyone out there, A Pro or an Extreme Pro in Particular or Fork FX to create any FX
that they choose, challenge with me. I use Pi3. We'll post the same FX to the forum for the public
to judge. What particle system software are/is more close to realism and MORE EASIER TO USE.

Any Challenger?

Nit Ron

Return to posts index

Dionysus
Re: Pi3 and Trapcode, Particular
on Jun 18, 2006 at 10:04:42 am

Particular or Fork FX forum, i wonder...

--
Thomash's music works and amateur artwork

Wanna send me an email? Do it now!

Return to posts index

nitron
on Jun 18, 2006 at 8:29:48 pm

Particular remove from there forum. I believe they don't want other Particular user know how good PI3 is.

Thanks.

PS. Fork Particle is the worst.

Return to posts index

Dionysus
on Jun 19, 2006 at 6:39:06 am

I haven't tried any of them. But after viewing the Particular demo clips I humbly comment that the artist was too lazy to apply some better shapes / textures for the cloud, flame and smoke effect which make them look worse than Wondertouch P.Illusion. Honestly I really long for the ture 3D environment interface of P.Illusion. But I may not appreciate the expense which causes a low-graded real-time preview.

(No gallery or video reel are avaliable in Fork official site...)

--

Return to posts index

nitron
on Jun 20, 2006 at 3:05:21 am

http://www.forkparticle.com/screenshot.html. This is their gallery.

There another software called Genesis FX. In NO way compare to PI3. Here is their gallery
http://www.indietechnologies.com/gallery/gfxexamples.html

Here is another one called http://www.damentertainment.com/. I own it, 3D capability compare to
Particular. In no way come close to PI3.

You can try different image texture in these so called particle fx software, NONE will come close to PI3.

Even though they can view in 3D but the sprite alway face the same as 2D. What a waste of money. At the
end, I end up using PI3.

The one that ALMOST come close to PI3 was EffectsLAB by http://fxhome.com/effectslab/. It doesn't produce as good fx as PI3 and it is way way harder to use. I waste 100do on this shit.

I tried many software and the best one is PI3. PI3 provide the most realistic many of the effects you see
out there on film was done with PI. But I have to say this, most of those facility will not admit that they are using PI.

Have fun.

Return to posts index

Dionysus
on Jun 20, 2006 at 3:57:01 am

I have tried EffectsLAB Pro trial, with bunch of non-spite base effect plugin. And sells in a much lower price (honestly). BUT, as you say, FXlab is damn hard to handle especially the lack of real-time preview. Though I admit I have uninstalled FXlab before mastering it. IMHO CG artist in most way learning a new software by refering to the sample file and library or step by step tutorial provided by official. But the trial version limits the loading of FX library which is a royal pain.

P.S. I now understand why I cannot find the gallery of forkparticle. I have turned off the JavaScripts! LOL

P.S. Final Fantasy later series also apply PI in their (pre-render) CG movie. (Which I learn it from a CG magazine interview with Squaresoft.) Though you may not care about the usage in video game, I guess...

--

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Jun 20, 2006 at 6:11:03 pm

[Dionysus] "P.S. Final Fantasy later series also apply PI in their (pre-render) CG movie. (Which I learn it from a CG magazine interview with Squaresoft.) Though you may not care about the usage in video game, I guess..."

I care. Is the interview online somewhere? Oh, but it's probably in Japanese, right?

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Dionysus
on Jun 20, 2006 at 7:28:37 pm

I read the article in the Chinese version translated from Japanese monthly magazine CG World officially published in Hong Kong region. The interview was talking about the making of CG movie of Final Fantasy 10. FF10 (Japanese version) has been released since 2001, the interview was done in the same year.

Here's my question, in which year was the PI3 released?

CGWORLD Sept., 2001, vol.37, containing the interview with FF10 CG movie artists:
http://www.wgn.co.jp/store/dat/4024/
But sorry it seems that they have never provided their article online.

--

Return to posts index

nitron
on Jun 25, 2006 at 6:42:41 am

What year PI3 was released? I'll leave this open for you. To fresh you up a little,
visit wondertouch.com. The answer you seek is all there.

PS. By the way, do you have the email to the guy create the Abstract and Text/Logo Pro emitters? I met him in San Diego last May of 2006. He told me he was working with Studio Pendulum but due to his and my time we didn't got much time to introduce. This guy, I would say, THE BEST in PI3. I used to look up to him back in 2002-2005. I was inspired by his PI work- he create things that you can never imagine. His old email is dead or something.
If you or anyone know his email, please let me know.

Thanks
Nit.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Jun 26, 2006 at 2:01:13 pm

Email me at wondertouch support and I'll pass your message along to him. I won't post his email address here.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]