FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing alpha(elvis)

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luc Bourgeois
Missing alpha(elvis)
on Jun 13, 2006 at 6:55:18 pm

Hey There:

I created an animation in lightwave with an Alpha channel around my logo, I then brought the last frame into PI and I recreated your "disintegrated Logo" from your tutorial the effect looks great until I bring the new sequence back into my NLE, In PI I saved the sequence as TGA file with the Alpha option turned on, problem is when I import it in my NLE and tell it to import them as 32 bit tga's well there is no alpha channel which is wierd because when ever I create particles in PI and import it in my NLE I never have this problem the Alpha chanel is always imported. Could the white frame particle turned black be the culprit and is there a way around, I have been working on this prob for the better part of 3 hours with no solution, your help in this would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Luc Bourgeois

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Elvis Deane
Re: Missing alpha(elvis)
on Jun 14, 2006 at 3:01:29 am

Yes, the "block" particle is your problem. You should be able to hide it and the background image to generate just the particles for the dissolve effect, which you can then bring into your NLE and lay over your logo. Depending which NLE you're using, you can create and animate the mask in there to move across your logo.

The alternate method to disintegrate the logo with an alpha channel is to make the logo burst apart on one frame, as is described in the Disintegrating a Human tutorial.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

Luc Bourgeois
Re: Missing alpha(elvis)
on Jun 18, 2006 at 2:40:24 am

Cool Thx, what I ended up doing is bring the entire animation in PI, I needed fireworks in there anyways then the dissolving logo at the end. In the end it all worked like clock work and I learned a heap about timing and applying particles to a whole sequence of video by doing this.

Thx
Luc Bourgeois

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]