FORUMS: list search recent posts

Single Frame Render - 1600x1200

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trelawney
Single Frame Render - 1600x1200
on Jun 13, 2006 at 3:34:33 pm

Hi

I've created a 1600x1200 3d render and added a nice PI3 Dragon Flame Effect (thanks to Elvis Deane's excellent Cooking with PI Tutorials).

I'm now trying to do a single frame render, however whenever I try this - I either end up cropping the image to the current Stage size, or even when making the Stage as large as possible, the image is smaller than the original 1600x1200 in order to fit the stage.

I'm pretty sure I must be able to do it, but my braincells have taken a vacation today. Could someone you remind me please ?

Cheers!

Roderick Davies (UK)

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Single Frame Render - 1600x1200
on Jun 13, 2006 at 6:11:18 pm

Any rendering you need to do that's bigger than the size of your desktop's resolution, you'll have to do in pIRender. Once you load the scene file up, the settings aren't much different than the ones in the pI output options window. Make sure to set the frame range to only render one frame, otherwise you can find yourself waiting a while for it to get done (it renders quite a bit slower than pI).

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

Trelawney
on Jun 13, 2006 at 11:40:05 pm

Thank ye kindly Sir - i'd nearly forgotten about pIlusionRender...

Return to posts index

Trelawney
on Jun 14, 2006 at 12:48:30 am

Here's the end result if anyone is interested (i'm a new PI user just to show how easy it is).

Dragon Breath

The Emitter is based upon the FlameThrower Emitter included in Elvis Deane's "Cooking with PI" Tutorial CD, tweaked and applied against a shield-shaped Deflector and overlaid on the original image.

The Vue 5 Infinite render contained a Dragon breath-object that contained light gels to light the area and give a sense of heat.

Thanks again Elvis! >8o)

Return to posts index

Jose Burgos
on Jun 15, 2006 at 12:33:00 am

Before I purchased a new larger monitor, I used to increase the size of my desktop to be large enough to view the scene.
I would have to pan around the desktop since it was much larger than my monitor to get the particle view panel to show the whole project.
Once it is set, your ready to record.
Much faster than PIRender since it is using the Open GL.

Take care,
Jose Burgos

Return to posts index

lynxfx
on Jun 15, 2006 at 7:09:21 am

Nice render! Is that Daz Millenium Dragon 2 I see there? :) I was just working with that model tonight for a website. Nice use of PI in the scene.

Return to posts index

Trelawney
on Jun 15, 2006 at 10:26:48 am

Thanks - and yes it is indeed ye old faithful Daz Millenium Dragon! >8o)

I've been resurrecting a load of old renders from Vue 5 Esprit, adding EcoSystems under Vue 5 Infinite, and of course adding some PI FX - i'm having loads of fun, and the enthusiasm of Elvis and Aharon's tutorials is quite infectious...

Here is my small tribute to the Murder Mystery genre esp. Lord Peter Wimsey & Sherlock Holmes:

Murder Must Advertise

Kind regards

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]