FORUMS: list search recent posts

Logo question...newbie quesiton

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
enigma735
Logo question...newbie quesiton
on Jun 12, 2006 at 7:01:46 pm

Hey everybody, I was hoping someone could help me with a fairly newbie question. I am trying to learn by playing around with PI 3.0 and through tutorials from PIllusion Resources. One thing I am having trouble finding, is a way for my logo or custom shape, to remain visibile after it runs it's action (eg. Growing Logo). Most of the time it just grows, you can see the word for maybe to seconds and then it just disappears. I want it to grow(or do another action) and once the text is visible, I want it to stay there until a specified time for it to disappear. This would help me out a ton, let me know what you all think.

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Logo question...newbie quesiton
on Jun 12, 2006 at 11:39:46 pm

I think I may do a video tutorial on this because it gets asked every so often and it's a bit hard to explain in text.

The easiest way to do it is to right-click and go into the emitter's Properties, select the particle type, then duplicate it (with the button at the bottom of the window). Change the new particle type to a Single Particle and delete any keypoints it has on the Transparency gradient. You'll now have a single copy of the logo that should stand still (you may also have to select the Spin graph and reduce it to 0 if it isn't already at 0).

Now it's just a matter of setting some keyframes in the Visibility graph to fade the new particle type up and down.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]