FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text Saving help?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
homers
Text Saving help?
on Jun 11, 2006 at 2:48:09 pm

Hi
when I try to import my text instead of the this logos original text it comes up with an error saying 'error loading' and then it states the name of the file. How do I fix this? I tried what Alan Lorence said and i saved it as TGA when I was originaly saving it as PNG but it still did not work. What can I do?

Also

Is there an effect that I can do on PI3 where, if you have seen LOTR Return Of The King Extended when GAndalfs Staff explodes into tiny shards, is there any way I could do this with somthing like If i was holding a straight stick could I get it to explode into tiny shards but there is no smoke or flame? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Text Saving help?
on Jun 11, 2006 at 11:34:38 pm

There's no explanation I can think of that loading up an image file wouldn't work at all, especially if you've tried it with multiple files and formats. The only thing I can suggest is that you uninstall and reinstall particleIllusion.

I'd like to help with the staff shattering, but I haven't seen Return of the King and can't find any pictures of that scene online. Depending on how detailed you want the shards to be, you might be able to use Aharon's old Shards emitters from the August 2003 library. You can reduce the Size of the shards and really bump up the Number to get a pretty nice effect.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

homers
Re: Text Saving help?
on Jun 12, 2006 at 4:06:23 pm

Hi, I uploaded a picture of Gandalfs staff breaking, http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3922/grabbedframe21zo.png I only want the effect to look somewhat realistic, not quite like this as it looks a wee bitty complicated. Any IDeas on how??

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]