FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can i add keyframe animation before frame 1?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stuuart
How can i add keyframe animation before frame 1?
on Jun 8, 2006 at 9:48:27 pm

any way to do this?
I'm using the tornado effect, coming from a woman's finger, who is making a circular motion, & i need shot 2 to be "in progress" after shot 1. Preroll doesn't help me because there is no animation at the start of shot 2, so the tornado is a straight line until the motion catches up with the effect.

I tried exporting/importing the keyframes from shot 1 into shot 2, but again, i need them to be inserted before frame 1, so at frame 1, the effect is being animated.

Also, i've never been able to figure out how to select all keyframes & slide them one way or the other. Is this possible?

Love the new site, & the emitters keep rockin.

thanks

Stuart Roholt
Digital Effects Supervisor
NBC Studios/Passions

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: How can i add keyframe animation before frame 1?
on Jun 9, 2006 at 5:47:04 am

Other than changing the Frames to Preload, there aren't any settings that allow for animation before frame 1.

There's no way to slide all the keyframes around, but if you paste an emitter at a keyframe other than frame 1, all the keyframes will move too. So if you paste an emitter at frame 31, a key that was at frame 5 originally will now be at frame 35. That's probably the best way to move all the keyframes in one shot.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
stuuart
Re: How can i add keyframe animation before frame 1?
on Jun 9, 2006 at 3:54:14 pm

thanks elvis, that might just work for this. I love this program & use it ALOT, but one day, my head is going to explode trying to figure out a workaround ;-)

Maybe i'll do the effect in PI...

Stuart Roholt
Digital Effects Supervisor
NBC Studios/Passions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]