Transparency in output image

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcow
dattakent1
Transparency in output image
on Jun 3, 2006 at 10:04:26 am

Hi guys
I have done an effect in order to show dart vader open his light saber,the image of darth vader itself is transparent such that only his form and empty sword is seen,With Pi i made the Sword ,now i want to export the last image such that only the light saber and the darth are seen and i dont want any background
I tried all possible settins with Pi but always got a black background!!! Wat am i to do?
Does Pi not export or output transparency in PNG or PSD formats(i tried this As well!)

And also in the Psd Formats the Layers are not recognised

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Transparency in output image
on Jun 4, 2006 at 6:29:03 am

pI does export the transparency in those formats, but only the transparency of the particles themselves. It doesn't include any transparency information for the background video/images. So you'd have to export the particles alone, and lay them on top of vader in a paint, compositing or editing program.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

dattakent1
on Jun 4, 2006 at 7:30:53 am

How do i get the particle and the transparency,I tried several types but i got either a black or a white background!!

Return to posts index

Aharon Rabinowitz
on Jun 4, 2006 at 2:45:14 pm

If you want both the particle transparency and the BG transparency, the only way I can think to do this requires that you have a compositing program like After Effects, or an NLE like Vegas, premiere or final cut.

Render just your particles, bring the footage into your compositing app/NLE, composite you BG and particles, and render with Alpha.

----------------------------------------
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
----------------------------------------
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]