COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
Matt-WMFS
What Graphics Card?
on Jun 2, 2006 at 11:42:46 am

Hi,

Simple question,

Whats the best graphics card to get in your professional opinions??

Currently experiencing problems with the one i've got not just with PI but with other products.

Cheers for help

Matt

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: What Graphics Card?
on Jun 2, 2006 at 5:12:36 pm

You know NVidia and ATI release a new design every couple of months now (it seems)? Almost impossible to say what the "best" is, since the "best" keeps changing.

Choosing a card depends on 1) budget 2) what apps you use most 3) what apps are most important to be fast.

If it's just pIllusion, then I would say buy a fairly new NVidia-based card. Not the absolute latest (since you'll pay a premium for that) but something fairly new.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

cowcow
Alan Lorence
on Jun 2, 2006 at 5:13:28 pm

To be more clear, I meant to "gaming" card. Don't spend tons of money on a high-end 3D card just for pIllusion.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Matt-WMFS
on Jun 5, 2006 at 9:02:30 am

Budget is not a problem for me as quite simply its not my money! I use Particle Illusion to create Training scenario's and the cost of a new graphics card will be covered by our anual Budget.

The Programme i use the most is Particle Illusion but recently i had problems using WinAvi Converter due to our graphics card,

I would like mainly for Particle illusion to be faster and for my projects to be causing less strain on the graphics card.

Can anybody recommend models or what set up you're currently using so i have somewhere to start from

The NVIDIA Quadro FX500/FX600 has far from impressed me.

Matt

West Midlands Fire Service
Email = Matthew.Hamm@wmfs.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]