FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newcomer's question for Alan or anyone

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
opusguy
Newcomer's question for Alan or anyone
on Jun 1, 2006 at 1:24:11 pm

Hi Guys,
Just bought P.I SE and of course, don't know anything about it. My questions are . .
1. When I change an emitter to my own liking, the next time I come back to the program, will that emitter always be portrayed as the " changed " version ? I guess what I'm trying to explain, is, how am I able, always, to retain the " original/default " way it looked ? By saving my " creation " at the time,as something else,does that " preserve " the DEFAULT way it looked ? Or do I have to make extra copies of emitters, just to save them as something else, thus leaving the default versions intact ?
2. If I load all the downloaded emitters into another directory, NOT where the program sits, will that help to keep the rendering speeds good ?

I think I'm gonna enjoy this program,once I get off the ground a little !!

Thanks Guys

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Newcomer's question for Alan or anyone
on Jun 1, 2006 at 3:42:07 pm

My tip for everybody is to never change the library emitters unless you know you'll never want the original. The way I modify emitters is to add them to the stage first, then modify them there (r-click on the stage emitter and select "properties" -- don't edit the properties for the library emitter). When I have something I want to keep, I use "Add to Library" to do just that.

The location of the library files has no effect on rendering speed.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

opusguy
Re: Newcomer's question for Alan or anyone
on Jun 1, 2006 at 9:25:59 pm

Thanks Alan. Now I know how to go about things.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]