FORUMS: list search recent posts

Searching for the big wave ...

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis
Searching for the big wave ...
on May 27, 2006 at 12:30:57 pm

Hi there!Im searching for a WAVE-Effect. Something that manipulates my background image.
Looking like the floor in "the matrix" when NEO jumps.
Or like a ball falling in water.
Somebody know how to do this?

Greets,
Dennis.

Return to posts index

Aharon Rabinowitz
Re: Searching for the big wave ...
on May 29, 2006 at 8:46:22 pm

This would require use of another program like After Effects - to creatye displacement effects.

Displacement maps are usually balck and white images or footage that are used to didtort pixels and push them in one direction or another based on their RGB values. I often use pIllusion to create the black and white footage, but ultimately, you need another program to do the speciffice effect you are askins for.

On the other hand, pIlluison has a feature called Get Color from layer, which can be used to create diplacement like effects, but not at the scale you are talking about because the colors of the particles come from whatever pixel they are on top of. That means that they can only be one color at a time. So for heat shimmer it works great, but for the bending of reality, not so great.

To learn more about displacment maps, click on my head at the top of the forum, and you will see a list of tutorials including 3 parts on displacment effects.

I have used pIllusion to create forcefields and the matrix bullet effect through after effects.

----------------------------------------
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
----------------------------------------
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Dennis
Re: Searching for the big wave ...