FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creation of smoke images

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
fataldisruption
Creation of smoke images
on May 22, 2006 at 10:35:49 pm

Hello, I was wondering how you acctually create the images used to make emitters. Like if I want to make my own new smoke emitter, how would I create the images used for it. I saw the images used for some of the smoke were called 'waterfall' or the sorts. Using create clouds in PS and cropping it, just isn't going to cut it. I'm interested in creating some new high quality emitters from scratch.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Creation of smoke images
on May 23, 2006 at 11:09:49 am

Depends on what type of smoke you want to create. In my experience, you'll need a variety of shapes depending on what type of smoke it is. If it's wispy, then you'll want some images with "tendrils" in it. Most smoke needs shapes that aren't too "thick" (they're mostly transparent) and they have some interesting details in them -- which is why the "waterfall" emitter works.

I would suggest experimenting. It's the best way to learn what works, and you may came up with something better than anybody else has seen.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

fataldisruption
Re: Creation of smoke images
on May 26, 2006 at 9:14:14 pm

That's good advice. But did you just find the image of waterfall, or did you open PS and make it from scratch? That's what I'm confused about about, HOW they were acctually made. Like, those images alone don't really look like smoke if you didn't know and when they're not moving, but when they're used in PI all fast and together it does. Does it just take an expert eye, or a lot of trial and error?

Thanks for your help and insight.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]