Pro Emitters - Question about text/logo

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcow
Tom Wood
Pro Emitters - Question about text/logo
on May 21, 2006 at 2:52:08 pm

At the PI website there is this note about the text/logo emitter:

"Note that changing the text requires simple use of a paint application, as there is no text generator in particleIllusion."

What exactly does that mean? Does PI import a graphic file (PNG, BMP, etc) of a text image created in another application, or does it read other application project files? I don't have Photoshop, but I have Mirage and Fireworks, will those suffice?

TW

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Pro Emitters - Question about text/logo
on May 21, 2006 at 5:59:14 pm

You can import most image formats into pI to use as a shape for the text emitters (png, tif, tga, jpg, bmp). As long as your paint programs can generate text and create a border around it, that will be good enough to create the text you need.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

Tom Wood
Re: Pro Emitters - Question about text/logo - Thanks!
on May 21, 2006 at 10:06:16 pm

So this works best with black letters on a black background with a white (or light colored) border? Import with or without alpha, or does that matter? My workstation is offline just now, so I'm trying to think ahead.

TW

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Pro Emitters - Question about text/logo - Thanks!
on May 22, 2006 at 11:09:38 am

Depends on if you import the shape as regular (greyscale) or full-color, which depends if you need the original image colors to be preserved (like the walking mouse emitter). If you don't need the original image colors, then import it regular (greyscale) and then make the text white on black with no alpha channel. For the Pro Emitters text effects, you'll want a few different versions: solid letters, outlined letters, etc.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]