FORUMS: list search recent posts

Please help with adding/changing shapes but keeping the same effect.

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
balloonknott2006
Please help with adding/changing shapes but keeping the same effect.
on May 20, 2006 at 12:06:55 am

Ok here's my problem..

In a nut-shell, I want to change a shape with my own but can't seem to figure out how.

I open Particle Illusion.

I go to 'Load Library'

I Select 'Text Effects'.

I Scroll down and pick one of Eki's text effects.
The default is the text 'Illusion'

Is there a way I can replace the text 'Illusion' with my own text but keep the same effect?

I've created my own text/shape in Photoshop, but when I add it to the Library, Or the Shape folder, it won't let me replace it.
(I hope I'm making sense)

Anyone?

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Alan Lorence
Re: Please help with adding/changing shapes but keeping the same effect.
on May 21, 2006 at 11:38:53 am

[balloonknott2006] "I've created my own text/shape in Photoshop, but when I add it to the Library, Or the Shape folder, it won't let me replace it.
(I hope I'm making sense)"

I'm not sure what you mean, but it sounds like you're almost there. There is no "replace" button for library shapes. Just add the new shape to the library, then select it, then click the "make active" button.

As a reminder, any changes you make to the library emitters are permanent. In this case you probably do want to make a permanent change (since the word "illusion" or "pIllusion" won't be useful to you), but whenever I want to make changes to an emitter I add it to the stage, make changes to the stage emitter, then use "Add to Library" when I have it the way I want it. This way I always have the original library emitters.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]