FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blood flowing in veins

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alberto Corredor
Blood flowing in veins
on May 16, 2006 at 2:17:59 pm

Hi, I want to animate blood flowing in veins for a medical video. I am trying to use the blowing flow 2 from the Alan_01_01.il3 particles library. That's the kind of look and organig flow I want to have. The problem comes when I try to draw deflectors to constrain the flow in the veins I've done in Illustrator. There is no way to constrain all the particles, some of them just do what they want. The nice flow is also missing because the particles just stuck together.
Does anybody have an idea how to achive this effect? I've tried also whith the particles in after effects, but is even more dissappointing, they don't look like a liquid flowing in a stream, they just look like ping-pong balls following a path.
Any help or suggestion would be appreciated, with PI or AE.

Alberto Corredor

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Blood flowing in veins
on May 16, 2006 at 3:34:57 pm

Are you using pI3 or SE? If you have 3, then you can use Forces instead of deflectors to redirect the particles. That should give a more flowy look to the animation. You might still need some deflectors along the sides of your veins in case a particle gets loose, but the Forces should do most of the work and not clump things together.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

Alberto Corredor
on May 16, 2006 at 4:13:11 pm

Thank you Elvis, I'm using PI3. The main problem is the deflectors allowing some of my particles going through, no matter which settings I use. It's also very tricky to make the particles to follow the path with the forces. I'm new to this software and this is probably a problem, but I was expecting an easiest way to make the particles to follow a path. Maybe I should go back to AE.

Alberto Corredor

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on May 16, 2006 at 9:45:03 pm

Some tips:

Use as few deflector segments as possible, as some particles will "leak" through the deflector joints.

Try using 2 deflectors instead of a single deflector with 2 parts.

Make sure that the deflector "hits" slider is set to the far right.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Alberto Corredor
on May 17, 2006 at 9:13:29 am

Thank you for your help Alan, I will give it a try.

Alberto

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on May 17, 2006 at 6:24:48 pm

One thing that might help you with Forces is not to just use one to change the particle's direction. If you find they aren't pushing the particles enough, you can add overlapping forces on the edges to redirect any stray particles that may not have been pushed enough by the initial force.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

Paul Hansen
on May 18, 2006 at 2:02:24 am

Just a thought... If you have a picture of the veins that you want the blood to flow through, make the veins and alpha channel or blue or something. On a new layer, do the blood flow the best you can with forces and deflectors then move the first layer over the blood layer and make the veins transparent I did a quick attempt at this http://phansen.ca/BloodFlow.wmv

Return to posts index

Paul Hansen
on May 18, 2006 at 2:03:47 am

LOL... sorry about the music... Premiere would not render a wmv file with no sound.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]