FORUMS: list search recent posts

new user--dust trail

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike
new user--dust trail
by
on May 11, 2006 at 2:19:02 pm

I just purchased PI and I don't have the time to properly train myself on it for my current project (of course!)but I have to create dust trail/clouds for it now. Imagine you're on an old fashioned covered-wagon train. I need to create the dust that goes with it. Any thoughts on where I should start or has anyone done something similar? I see the dust-right-at-you emitter but I need the dust to go side-to-side and twirl around as if in the wind a bit.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: new user--dust trail
on May 12, 2006 at 1:06:16 am

There's a similar dust emitter in the March 2000 library, which should be easier to direct and control with the Emission Range and Angle properties. There's also a Time-Lapse Clouds emitter that can be converted into this kind of effect pretty easily (I forget which library it's in). You'd just need to increase the Life property and change the colours a bit.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

Mike
by
on May 12, 2006 at 12:44:59 pm

Elvis,
Thanks for the response. I downloaded the link, but my PI doesn't see the .iel file under the 2.0 type. Am I doing something wrong?

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on May 12, 2006 at 5:31:04 pm

An iel is a library file, so it has to be opened a little differently. Move your mouse to the Library window on the right side of the screen, right-click, and choose Load Library. That will bring up a file browser to find any iel or il3 files.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]