FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can I make insects crawl over a body and envelope them?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mandyyjobs
Can I make insects crawl over a body and envelope them?
on May 11, 2006 at 2:19:23 am

I want to use PI to make a scene like in the mummy where the scarab bettles envelope the guy completely and it looks like the actor is made of moving beetles. Is this possible with a moving actor on a greenscreen?

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Can I make insects crawl over a body and envelope them?
on May 11, 2006 at 12:36:20 pm

I don't think the "insects crawling up the body" part would be simple in pIllusion, although it might be possible depending on the details of the shot. Having the bugs already covering the body is possible, but it will still require a lot of work, and some masking work in your compositing app.

Although if you want it to look like the bugs are crawling around the person (crawls from their front, around their sides, to the other side) it won't look right in pIllusion -- you'll want to use a 3D app for that.

Even if you do use pIllusion, you'll need an animated image sequence of a bug crawling.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

bjohnston
on May 11, 2006 at 5:45:24 pm

Once you got the emitter working in PI, then you could easily render out an image sequence of bugs moving across the frame and use that to map onto a 3d stand in of your character. Alas, not in PI alone.

Return to posts index

mandyyjobs
on May 12, 2006 at 11:27:00 pm

Ok, thanks. I saw the disintegration tutorial and thought maybe the bugs thing would be possible because of that.

Return to posts index

Paul Hansen
on May 17, 2006 at 4:16:31 am

You might take a look at a video I made. The insect effect is at the very end of the video: http://phansen.ca/Ants.wmv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]