FORUMS: list search recent posts

Claw trace effect

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
VaderKrypt
Claw trace effect
on Apr 28, 2006 at 3:06:21 pm

Hi !

I need some suggestions.. Imagine looking at a monster on your screen and the monster looking back at you and decides to claw you...what Emitter could I use to display the claw trace on the screen ?

thanks

Return to posts index

Chortorn
Re: Claw trace effect
on Apr 28, 2006 at 5:05:57 pm

Why do you want to use PI? I would use After Effects and use a mask with some feather (3-5 pixels) over a picture of the clawmarks with an alpha. The mask should reveal them during 1-3 frames.

I suppose you want the marks on the screen - or do you want it to be like sword tracing lines in combat games?

Chortorn

Return to posts index

VaderKrypt
on Apr 28, 2006 at 6:49:46 pm

I want it in Pi because I don't own AE...yet.. I will probably get my hands on it soon though since everybody is talking so highly about it.. But even then, I wouldn't know how to use AE enough to do the effects I need..

Yes i'd like them on the screen. If possible, imagine the screen to be a thick glass and the marks would be in a glass/effect.

when I get AE i will try what you mentioned, thanks!

Return to posts index

Diony
on Apr 29, 2006 at 6:08:46 am

I also don't own AfterFX, but trace FX is somewhat I would like to avoid in PI. Since PI is merely a spite-base particle system SW. Making trace FX = generate a massive amount of particles to fill the trace area. Well, practically you don't really need that much particles but this comes another problem that: no graphic will be supposed to draw between frame and frame (non-existent frame) in PI. If you make the particle move very fast and switch on the motion blur or "Don't erase" function. There's still empty space in the motion trail because that empty space occured on "illegal" frame. It may end up that you better draw the trace animation manually in Photoshop would be more satified.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]