FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video background

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vincent
Video background
on Apr 16, 2006 at 12:52:26 pm

Hello,
When i try to use AVI as backgound some file work other don't work, for those wich don't work i can see the image in the preview area of the open dialog box, i choose OK and i have no errors video is placed in the layer but the video doesn't play in PI, the strange thing is that i have the problem with an AVI file created by PI demo is it due to the AVI handling problem i read in different posts of this forum ?
Thanks in advance.
VINCENT

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Video background
on Apr 16, 2006 at 7:18:13 pm

It's probably not the same problem if you don't have an error pop up.

I can't bring in uncompressed AVIs from Vegas unless I check a couple of boxes when I'm rendering them out, the clips just come in as blanks, so perhaps you're having the same problem. These are the settings I have to choose, there may be similar settings in your editing program:

Make sure the Video Format is set to Uncompressed. At the bottom, there should be two checkboxes, Render Alpha Channel, and Create an OpenDML (AVI version 2.0) compatible file. Make sure both of these are checked. If you render with them unchecked, the AVI loads up as a blank in pI.

If you're using another editing program, this might not help much, but perhaps there are similar settings.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

Vincent
on Apr 16, 2006 at 8:12:19 pm

Hi Elvis,
I use sony Vegas6 and Ulead Cool3d for some 3D animations, i will do more tests verifying the checkbox you are speaking about.
Thanks again Elvis, and i hope next version will accept more various AVI formats.
Just another question : Is it imaginable that a next PI version will handle mpeg files for the background layers ?
Thanks for informations.
VINCENT

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Apr 17, 2006 at 8:25:18 pm

Yes, it is possible that MPEG movies will be handled by pI3 for Windows in a future version.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

vincent
on Apr 19, 2006 at 6:29:53 am

Great !!!!
Thanks Alan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]