FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems Rendering Large format

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
4crites
Problems Rendering Large format
on Apr 15, 2006 at 10:15:35 pm

I'm using PIllusion v3.03 on a Dual 2.5 Ghz G5 with 4 GB RAM. The NVidia card I have
supports a maximum texture of 4096x4096. When I rendered a grenade hit using software only
at 3000x4000 the particles rendered sucessfully but everyting was scaled down and in the left lower corner of
of the 3000x4000 frame. I need elements this size for a program that I am doing that is 1920x6000. Any ideas anyone?

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Problems Rendering Large format
on Apr 16, 2006 at 4:19:20 am

Were you rendering in particleIllusion, or in pIllusionRender? If you're doing it in particleIllusion, it'll only render out as large as your desktop's maximum size. For a size that big, you'll most likely have to use pIllusionRender.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

4crites
on Apr 16, 2006 at 4:47:40 am

I was using Particle Illusion Render. I had read about the desktop size limitation. Thank you for your rapid response Elvis.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Apr 17, 2006 at 8:21:12 pm

Try turning off the OpenGL hardware acceleration -- click the 'Options' button (pIRender for OS X).

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

4crites
on Apr 19, 2006 at 6:11:37 pm

Alan,

I did have it turned off, I've since tried several other files with consistent results. They all render small and in the lower left hand corner. Thanks

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Apr 19, 2006 at 7:24:51 pm

Is this a complex project? If so, try to make it as simple as possible, make sure it still has the problem, then zip it and send it to wondertouch support.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]