FORUMS: list search recent posts

choosing numerous points and other questions/suggestions

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dakota Joe
choosing numerous points and other questions/suggestions
on Apr 7, 2006 at 6:35:56 am

I am creating a scene where I am using an emitter with many connected points. I am moving these points around at various times in the timeline. Is it possible to select numerous points (but not all of them) and drag them to another position? (Like AE allows me to do with mask points)

Also, is it possible to add a keyframe for all the points in an emitter that would affect all its individual points? Presently, if I have an emitter with 100 points, and I want all the points to start moving at some point in the middle of the animation, I have to click on each individual point and move it just a hair in order for them to all have the same keyframe at the same time. Am I missing something? If not, this would be a GREAT addition.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: choosing numerous points and other questions/suggestions
on Apr 7, 2006 at 10:45:28 am

Unfortunately there is no way to multi-select the points at this time, but that's something that is planned for the

[Dakota Joe] "Presently, if I have an emitter with 100 points, and I want all the points to start moving at some point in the middle of the animation, I have to click on each individual point and move it just a hair in order for them to all have the same keyframe at the same time. Am I missing something?"

I don't understand why you would want to do this. Is it just to create a keyframe for these points, since you'll be moving some of them to new positions later on? If you really need to do this and not just keyframe the emitter's position itself, try some keyboard shortcuts. Select one of the points, then Shift+Left arrow to nudge it left one pixel, then Shift+Right to nudge it back (creating a keyframe). You can then use the TAB key to move to the next point. Repeat. You might be able to some keystroke recording app to make a macro out of this.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Dakota Joe
Re: choosing numerous points and other questions/suggestions
on Apr 7, 2006 at 6:24:08 pm

Thanks, Alan -- very helpful. (And I look forward to the new improved point selection system in the future!)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]