FORUMS: list search recent posts

stumped.

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dakota Joe
stumped.
on Apr 7, 2006 at 6:25:31 am

Dudes, I am stumped. I am trying to create a scene where a character's leg is on fire and he slaps at the leg with his hands and puts the flames out. Any suggestions?

I have tried working with various flames and forces, but just can't get "that look." :o

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: stumped.
on Apr 7, 2006 at 10:51:18 am

I think you'll have to make some changes to the existing flames emitters to get this to work. First, you'll have to use an emitter that uses fast-moving, short-lived particles. Then you'll have to make sure that the "velocity" property is being used to make the flames rise instead of "weight". The key when the flames get slapped is to animate the "emission angle" so the flames move sideways. This will probably require several emitters to get the flames to "flatten" if I'm visualizing it right.

Hope this helps.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Dakota Joe
Re: stumped.
on Apr 7, 2006 at 6:36:34 pm

Thanks -- I'll try these suggestions! Also, what about using a deflector? I tried using a deflector with a flame emitter -- specifically Flame2B (Martin Duerr) -- but it didn't deflect all the particles the way I thought it would. I wanted the deflector to act as a wall that would, at times, deflect all the particles, but it only deflects some of them. I'm sure I am doing something wrong...

BTW -- I am truly enjoying getting to know PI3 -- it is an amazing program -- good work!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]