FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particle Speed Change vs Velocity

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Office Monkey
Particle Speed Change vs Velocity
on Mar 29, 2006 at 10:12:53 pm

We've been using a column of Heavy Smoke and are satisfied with every aspect except the speed that the particles move. We want the smoke to rise very slowly, but changing the velocity doesn't seem to change the overall speed of the smoke. To get the smoke particles to move at the desired speed we had to change our project rate to 48 fps. This forced us to export the smoke with an alpha channel and comp it with the video background in after effects. It worked, but it's kind of a clunky work around. Seems like it should just be a simple parameter adjustment that we're missing.
How can we change the speed at which the particles move within PI?

Thanks,
Office Monkey

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Particle Speed Change vs Velocity
on Mar 29, 2006 at 11:08:13 pm

It's probably the "weight" property, not "velocity" that causes the smoke to rise.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Stephen Gashler
on Sep 25, 2009 at 5:04:48 pm

I'm having the exact same issue. I've played with the velocity and weight parameters in both the emitter and behavior controls, and no matter what I do, I can't slow down that darn smoke. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Sep 25, 2009 at 7:08:39 pm

Wow, this is an old thread revived. =)

If the emitter is a super emitter, it may be the free emitters that are moving too fast, not the particles. What's the exact emitter name you're working with, and which library is it in?

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

myra eddy Eddy
on Oct 31, 2009 at 2:48:08 am

Hi this is myra eddy i dont understand it either its kind of weird to me just a little bit

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Oct 31, 2009 at 10:14:52 am

The velocity property controls how fast a particle moves. I'm not sure what you're asking.

Alan.

http://www.wondertouch.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]