FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looping Animation and Transparency

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Halebop
Looping Animation and Transparency
on Mar 29, 2006 at 6:37:37 am

Hi,

I'm a recent adopter of this great product and been having a lot of fun learning it!

I've completed a few of the tutorials but something is escaping me with looping animations. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction? Using the tutorial I get animations to loop perfectly, so far so good. Exporting to a non alpha supporting format like AVI displays a perfectly looping animation, great! However, if I export the animation as a PNG file series (I want to preserve the transparency), only my foreground particles are exported. My two background abridged / loop animations just aren't visible in the PNGs.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or an extra step I can follow to make my background animations show up in a PNG export too? I would prefer to export in PNG format because the end application they are intended for uses PNGs.

My apologies if the answer to this is obvious! I've searched this forum and the tutorials but came up empty handed.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Looping Animation and Transparency
on Mar 29, 2006 at 8:58:44 pm

Since pI doesn't allow you to export the alpha channel of a background image, there's no way to get one of those loops out directly from pI with an alpha.

You can do the looping in your editing program, by basically using the same technique as in that tutorial. Render the two halves of the sequence out of pI as PNG sequences with alpha channels, place them on two separate layers, and adjust the timing so that they blend the way the tutorial describes.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

Halebop
Re: Looping Animation and Transparency
on Mar 29, 2006 at 9:54:52 pm

Thanks Elvis.

Not quite the answer I was looking for! Hopefully I can find a tool to speed up the post processing :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]