FORUMS: list search recent posts

What setting would delay particle creation?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lance1
What setting would delay particle creation?
on Mar 12, 2006 at 7:22:38 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to make a magic emitter and I started with a black smoke emitter. I'm trying to add small stars to it but having difficulty because the other particles are strongly connected to the emitter parameters (so for example, I had to change the tint to get my stars white but now the smoke is not nearly as dark). Anyway, when I change the life setting of the small star particle it delays the creation of the stars as well as the life of the stars. What other setting is making the creation delayed? Life variation is only 3, but this should not delay creation, yes?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: What setting would delay particle creation?
on Mar 12, 2006 at 11:35:39 pm

Just a guess here, but the delay might be caused by the Transparency gradient. If a particle type's Transparency Gradient starts out black and then fades in to white, and you increase its Life, it will take longer to fade into view. So if you move the second point of the gradient closer to the start, it might speed up how fast they appear.

To darken the smoke again, you'll have to do it in the Color gradient, since Tint affects the entire emitter.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

Lance1
Re: What setting would delay particle creation?
on Mar 13, 2006 at 12:25:03 am

Wow! Good guess! You were exactly correct! Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]