FORUMS: list search recent posts

Crystal Ball Lightning emitter help

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Unzarjones
Crystal Ball Lightning emitter help
on Mar 10, 2006 at 3:46:57 am

Hey Elvis, what parameter controls the wavering of the circle portion of the crystal ball. I would like to make it more solid with less of the appearance of flexing. Can't remember off-hand what I changed(visibility I think), and the the wavering decreased, but the globe itself became more opaque. I thought about just using a globe made in Paint Shop but would prefer altering the sphere you already made if possible. Very cool magic effect, BTW! I'm going to try putting other things in there as well. UJ

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Crystal Ball Lightning emitter help
on Mar 10, 2006 at 4:27:07 am

It's wavering/shimmering because it's using a multi-frame particle shape rather than just one image. In the Properties, select the Ball particle type, and slide the frame stepping from Fast to Off. You may then have to increase the Number a bit.

You can also check Single Particle for the Ball type, increase the Visibility to 100, and reseting the Transparency gradient to all white.

On a kinda related note, sometimes the globes on the Thunderballs emitter flicker off and vanish. I still haven't figured out why. There's no setting that I can find to stop it from flickering randomly, like a Number or Life Variaton. Either it's a bug, or I overlooked something when I was making the emitter, but I've gone over it a half dozen times and haven't found a reason.

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]