FORUMS: list search recent posts

swarm of bees

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Shanks
swarm of bees
on Mar 6, 2006 at 5:53:05 pm

Hi Guys,
am just working on a little project today trying to get a small swarm of bee's happening. I was just wondering if anyone out there has had a go at doing something along these lines and have any tips. I've made a new emitter using a scaled down photo of a honey bee which looks pretty good, although I'm yet to get it working right in a particle flow. Any tips are well appreciated.

cheers,

andrew

:-)

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: swarm of bees
on Mar 6, 2006 at 9:43:40 pm

I think lots of Motion Randomness would help. That would set them off in all directions, and some Motion Randomness Variation would get some of the bees to fly straighter than others. Depending on the picture you used, selecting Align to Motion under Particle Angle, and then checking Keep Aligned to Motion would make the bees always point in the direction they're flying.

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

Andrew Shanks
Re: swarm of bees
on Mar 7, 2006 at 6:19:31 pm

Hi Elvis,
I had a play using the suggestions you made, and things look very promising (adding quite a bit of randomness really does give the bee's a sense of being alive). I think I might need to change my source particle image though (as I quite like the effect I'm getting when I go a bit OTT with the random setting, getting random particles flying back close to camera, ..unfortunately I scaled the image a little too small to look good at that close a scrutiny). Thanks for the suggestions. :-)

Cheers,

andrew

:-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]