FORUMS: list search recent posts

Charmed Orbing - yeah but...

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
OLIVIER99
Charmed Orbing - yeah but...
on Mar 5, 2006 at 6:37:06 pm

HELLO,

I just buy particleIllusion SE and I'm trying to make tutorials. I want to create a Charmed Orbing effect but I am a bbegginer and in the "PI RESSOURCE SITE", this tutorial is not a tutorial but an explication (not so cool for begginers). So I ask please to make a tutorial with more explications and captures if possible. I'm making a fanfilm and I so want to do this effect! THanks to reply me, I really want your help (it is a webmaster of wondertouch that gives me this address forum to ask my question).

http://www.shockingtales.com/illusion/tuts/orbing.html this is the "tutorial". Thanks.

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Charmed Orbing - yeah but...
on Mar 5, 2006 at 11:13:43 pm

If you click on my face at the top of the forum, it will take you to a page with two tutorials on disintegrating logos and people, which are step by step instructions on the same basic idea as the Orbing effect, creating particles from a background with an alpha channel.

However SE doesn't have the feature 'Get Transparency from Layer' which is needed to do this effect. There may be a way to recreate the effect in SE using line emitters, but I'll have to think about it for a bit and get back to you.

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

OLIVIER99
on Mar 6, 2006 at 10:35:05 pm

Aww... that is will be so cool. Well thanks to care about a simple little user like me, it is very apreciable. :)

I wait for your reply :D Thanks again! And I am sorry if I'm boring you.

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Mar 10, 2006 at 10:49:51 am

Okay, I tried some things, but it's very difficult to get an effect close to the show or what I got in my clips if you are using SE.

You will have to do most of this effect in an editing program, by fading the actor out over a few frames. If you download the video that is part of the Orbing mini-tutorial, you'll see how I did this. A shot of the actor in the background, then the empty background, and a fade between the two.

In particleIllusion:
1. Draw out the shape of your actor with a line emitter. Add more points and fill the shape in. You can see how I did this in this project file. To get a better blue colour like in the show instead of having it burn out to white, you can lower the Size of the particles, but then you'll probably have to add more points to the emitter to cover up more of the actor.

2. Give the particles a negative weight so that they rise up and float away.

3. Animate the Number graph so that it starts off sending out many particles as the actor starts to fade out, but stops creating particles right before the actor is completely gone. That gives you a burst of particles that carries the person away.

--
Elvis Deane!

The Apprentice Magician's Guide to particleIllusion

The particleIllusion FAQ

Return to posts index

OLIVIER99
on Mar 11, 2006 at 1:33:59 pm

Hello,

Thank you so much for this tutorial!
It seems to be easy, but I don't understand these steps:

2. Give the particles a negative weight so that they rise up and float away.

3. Animate the Number graph so that it starts off sending out many particles as the actor starts to fade out, but stops creating particles right before the actor is completely gone. That gives you a burst of particles that carries the person away.

Oh and... what is the emitter you used for your tutorial in PI 3.0? It's like little stars... cause in this tuto for SE, this is just big blue stuff... :S

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]