FORUMS: list search recent posts

Next version of PI? When? What should users expect?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
perry cheng
Next version of PI? When? What should users expect?
on Feb 27, 2006 at 3:08:20 am

Would someone shade some light on this?

Perry

Return to posts index

Spiro
Re: Next version of PI? When? What should users expect?
on Feb 27, 2006 at 5:13:03 pm

I'm guessing we'll see something at NAB in April.

Just a guess.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Feb 27, 2006 at 6:13:14 pm

You won't see anything from wondertouch at NAB -- I decided not to exhibit this year.

3.5 will be released later this year -- probably summer -- but I'm not publishing a feature list yet.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Spiro
on Feb 27, 2006 at 6:32:52 pm

Bummer - I was hoping for the AE version of PI at NAB.

Return to posts index

Arash Monjazeb
on Feb 28, 2006 at 12:12:30 am

How about upgrading PI to work in 3D. And then carry it one step further by allowing 3D scene information import and export between PI and Shake, Max, Maya?

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Feb 28, 2006 at 12:19:05 am

That's planned, but not for 3.5.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Arash Monjazeb
on Feb 28, 2006 at 12:32:58 am

Cool. Thanks.

Return to posts index

BobMoyer
on Mar 1, 2006 at 7:49:08 pm

Alan,
Would it be possible to address the fact that PI doesn't remember the stage size upon opening? I know I asked you about it quite a while ago, but you mentioned that it didn't happen to everyone. It is very annoying though, even if you can reset it through the "View-Load Layout" menu option. I only use 720x480, I have removed all of the other stage sizes from the project settings box, but it still comes up as something else. The actual project settings say 720x480 but the stage window is smaller than that until I 'Load Layouts' that I have saved (720x480) and then the stage is resized. Make sense? Hope you can help...just frustrating but NOT critical.

Thanks,
Bob

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Mar 1, 2006 at 8:20:36 pm

I believe it's working correctly. Make sure that you set the default stage size in Preferences -- this is the only setting that determines the stage size at startup (and when you click the "New" button).

If the window layout is not being restored correctly at startup (it should be exactly the same as when you exited pIllusion), that's a problem that nobody else has experienced.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

BobMoyer
on Mar 1, 2006 at 10:39:56 pm

Alan,
The stage properties show as 720x480, but the actual window doesn't redraw to represent that fact until I go to the 'Load Layout' menu. I have opened and closed it fifteen times before saving a project/after saving a project/restoring the default settings and re-entering my own settings, etc. It is version 3.0.1a (29Jan2004). Even if I open a previously saved project with the correct settings, the project properties shows the correct size but the screen needs to be refreshed with via the menu option.
Bob

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Mar 1, 2006 at 11:08:03 pm

The window layout is an application setting, not a project setting. The layout is not saved in project files.

I do know that some machines have a problem with the initial sizing of the layout on pI3 for Windows -- it seems that the stage window width is reduced by some amount at startup.

I usually use layout 1 as my preferred layout, so when I start pI3 I automatically hit Alt-1 to arrange the layout I need.

Just to be clear, there is absolutely no connection between stage size and stage window size (layout). They are independent. I can create a 2000 x 2000 stage size, but make the stage window 100 x 300 pixels either manually resizing or via the layout functions.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

BobMoyer
on Mar 2, 2006 at 12:09:38 am

When you render the project, I thought it would only render what shows in the stage window. Is this correct? Or will it render whatever the true stage size is, whether it shows or not?

"I do know that some machines have a problem with the initial sizing of the layout on pI3 for Windows -- it seems that the stage window width is reduced by some amount at startup."

This is exactly what happens to me.

Bob

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Mar 2, 2006 at 12:22:28 am

You're correct -- it will only render what is in the stage window.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

BobMoyer
on Mar 2, 2006 at 12:51:26 am

Alan,

Thank you for all of your patience in this matter. I know it must seem trivial to some but the little things sometimes cause the most frustration.
So to be perfectly clear: I should always hit ALT-1 (where I have set up my preferred layout) upon startup of PI to sure that I render to 720x480 (in my case that is what ALT-1 is set to).

Bob

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Mar 2, 2006 at 3:02:55 am

If you don't see the correct layout at startup, yes.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]