FORUMS: list search recent posts

Legal usage of backgrounds

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leeeee
Legal usage of backgrounds
on Feb 26, 2006 at 9:57:48 pm

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum, but have been a long time pI user (I've always thought of it as my secret personal weapon :)

I've recently seen some "original" backgrounds for sale over at Renderosity.com and they strike a remarkable resemblance to backgrounds created in pIllusion.
I'm not trying to be a whistle-blower or anything, but I'm just wondering if this is legal to do that? I mean if it is, people could make a lot of money just saving a frame from a pIllusion render and sell it as a background!

Just wondering. And thanks for such an outstanding product. (I just bought a couple of new Pro Emitters....OK, ff to play :)
Lee

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: Legal usage of backgrounds
on Feb 27, 2006 at 6:24:17 pm

Our position has always been that you can use the renderered output of particleIllusion in any way that you want, which includes selling it. Even if the rendered backgrounds look like one of our preset emitters, without direct comparison there's no way to know if they've been modified or not.

Now if you see particleIllusion EMITTERS for sale and they look like emitters we've created, that's a different story and we'll want to know about that right away.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Leeeee
Re: Legal usage of backgrounds
on Feb 27, 2006 at 7:58:46 pm

Thanks for clarifying that Alan.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]