FORUMS: list search recent posts

problem starting midstream

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dakota Joe
problem starting midstream
on Feb 21, 2006 at 12:29:00 am

Hey,

I have a project that's about 240 frames. I added an emitter at the 120th frame (for design reasons, I needed to start working with the emitter in the middle first), but I want it to emit for the entire 240 frames. The problem is that it starts emitting where I added it and not before. I changed the "frames to preload" to 120, thinking this might help, but it doesn't.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: problem starting midstream
on Feb 21, 2006 at 12:34:33 am

If you want it at all 240 frames, you need to add it at the first frame.

Can you give more details on why you added it at 120?

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Dakota Joe
on Feb 21, 2006 at 3:43:22 am

I am covering a creature's body with fire. This creature is very small in frame 1, but is full-size in frame 120 (as it approaches the camera). I needed to start in frame 120 so that I knew how many "sub-emitters" I needed. (I don't know how to explain this in PI3 jargon -- I click once and an emitter appears, then I move my mouse and click and another appears, linked by a line. I do this until the creature's entire body is covered with emitters. If the first time I did this was in frame 1, I would have no idea how many emitters I would need for the full-sized creature.

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Feb 21, 2006 at 1:19:32 pm

Then what you can do is go to the Active graph for the emitter, and slide the first point back from 120 to 1. That will start the emitter creating particles at the start even though you added it at 120.

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

Dakota Joe
on Feb 22, 2006 at 6:20:20 am

Thanks, Elvis -- I appreciate it!

Hey, I enjoyed your video training tutorials. (including the trippy, hypnotic background music...)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]