FORUMS: list search recent posts

PI 4 Suggestion - Flash Export

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
clide8026
PI 4 Suggestion - Flash Export
on Feb 17, 2006 at 12:22:30 am

Please! please! please! add flash export to the next version of PI. Flash 6, 7, & 8 have many compatible parameters like scale, rotate, alpha, brightness, color, etc. With the use of symbols, a flash movie exported from PI could be very small. This one feature could launch PI into a whole new market. Web designer would eat PI up!

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: PI 4 Suggestion - Flash Export
on Feb 17, 2006 at 2:57:15 am

When I first looked into this a couple of years ago, the main problem was this: any flash file that I output could be reverse-compiled into a flash source file, which then people could freely distribute and modify. So basically a relatively small number of people would pay for this feature (by buying pIllusion), but then every Flash developer would benefit from it.

Didn't seem like a good idea to me.

If somebody could convince me otherwise, or if there are ways of preventing reverse-compiling (or disassembling) now, please let me know.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

clide8026
Re: PI 4 Suggestion - Flash Export
on Feb 17, 2006 at 8:04:05 am

The same argument could be applied to the persistent problem of pirated software, music and movies. Should we stop making these things, or hold back on development, because a handful of dishonest people steal things?

I have been designing websites for 10 years and I have yet to reverse engineer a flash file. Most design firms would fire an employee for doing this. The possible legal problems created by ripping off things from another website are too great. Even if some hacker-type decompiled the flash file, the task of customizing the animation and changing all the tweening would make it a daunting task at best. No legitimate designer/firm would bother doing this.

If there was a virtually invisible watermarking feature built into the export it would help with intellectual property rights.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]