FORUMS: list search recent posts

Complete beginner question, sorry :(

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pararbola
Complete beginner question, sorry :(
on Feb 10, 2006 at 11:58:32 pm

Hi, I just bout PI, and there is one thing I'm having trouble with, hopefully someone can help.
I have a short video, where there is a house and I want to have some smoke coming out of the chimney.
When I add the smoke effect to the first frame and the camera moves so does the smoke, away from the chimmney so in like the 5 from onwards the smoke is coming out of the sky, does this make sense?
How do I stick a certain effect to one particular position and keep it there for the entire length of the movie?
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Return to posts index

Kelvin H
Re: Complete beginner question, sorry :(
on Feb 11, 2006 at 12:58:59 am

Hi Pararbola,

I'm new to PI too, but it is now my favorite tool in my kit, and learning as much as I can. I 'm haveing a simular problem and have to keyframe manualy. Looking forward to see what answer you get. Hope there is a way to motion track this sort of thing.

Return to posts index

EVideoM
on Feb 11, 2006 at 2:44:10 am

You do have to keyframe this kinda thing, I would assume. If you have after effects, you can import the motion tracking info into PI so you can pin the emitter on the target. If you have anymore questions I would read the tutorial section on this web site and others. They will help out alot.

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Feb 11, 2006 at 4:09:04 am

You can use Layer Offset to move all the emitters on the layer, to follow the motion of the camera. Select the green Offset option at the top of hierarchy window, and position it somewhere distinct on your screen ( like the corner of the chimney). Then you can animate that to move the smoke emitter to follow the motion of the camera.

As EVideoM says, you can use a motion tracker (in AE Pro, SynthEyes, Smooth-Running Gun, Combustion) to track the precise motion and import that to move the Offset marker. That'll really help if your footage was shot handheld.

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

EVideoM
on Feb 11, 2006 at 7:46:37 pm

You can go here http://www.wondertouch.com/tutorials/wind_01/Layer_Offset_wind.htm
To get a good idea of what Elvis is talking about with the layer offset. There are alot of step by step tutorials out there to get you more familiar with PI. Go here http://www.wondertouch.com/tutorials.asp to see some of them. The tutorials will help out alot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]