FORUMS: list search recent posts

Saving Project

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hum4n.s
Saving Project
on Feb 9, 2006 at 5:41:00 pm

I'm having a bit of a problem saving my project like i would like to. What i am doing is creating some explosions for a video game that i play onlne. The file format for these explosions has to be a png file with a transparent background. Just like the picture i have here. http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/6083/fiery080fk.png
When i create an explosions in Particle Illusion and save the output as a png, the explosion is set on a black background. Is there any way to save my files as a png with a transparent background instead of the black background? I know the picture i posted doesn't do any justice, but when i open it up in PhotoShop, the back ground is transparent.
Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Saving Project
on Feb 9, 2006 at 9:38:30 pm

In the Output Options, check the Save Alpha box to write transparency information with the images. You can also check the 'Remove black bg from RGB channels' box if you're rendering against a black background.

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

hum4n.s
Re: Saving Project
on Feb 9, 2006 at 11:23:21 pm

Thanks for your help very much. I'm new to the whole thing. been struggling with it for a few days now lol. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]