FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shocking Tale!

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adrian808
Shocking Tale!
on Feb 8, 2006 at 5:29:15 am

Hey, Elvis, I cheked your work.. It was really great!!.. I also did a comic once.. but with pictures... ( It was about teenages with super powers) I was using only a photo editor back on those days.. I posted them in a website but it only lasted like for 3 episodes!.. people liked it but it was too much work for me.

So I know it requires time to do such things and wow.. more if it is in 3d!! I must ask... is it too dificult to make those 3d scenes? I mean, I had never worked on a 3d compositing program (except for Ulead Cool 3d, but is it not the same). Could you name an Easy and good 3d Application capable of doing graphics such as Shocking Tales comic, and with a good learning curve?

Also.. in the clip "flash" the lightning inside the crystal ball.. how or using what did you made it? it was cool!

Thanks in Advance

Adrian

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Shocking Tale!
on Feb 8, 2006 at 11:30:54 am

Most of the effects in Flash were done in pI, the lightning stuff was from one of the electricity emitters, and I think the clouds were either modified versions of the Time Lapse Clouds emitter, or my own emitter that used the same shape. There's a slightly revised version of the short on Google Video where I redid the cloud forming into the face in Softimage, mostly because I was learning XSI's particle system and wanted to test how particle goals worked.

As for the 3D stuff, it took a lot of time. The Astounding Adventures comics were done at a rate of about a page a day, but that was about a year after I started to learn 3D. Five years later, I can pose a lot more panels in the span of a day, though building sets, props and characters can take a lot more time. I have a few other comics that I'm working on now, but I'm waiting for Comic Life to be released for Windows before I put them together.

I suggest Wings3D to learn modeling. It's free and simple to learn, I use it every day. For the animation part, Carrara might be an easy one to pick up, though I don't know how good it is for character animation. Cinema4D and XSI are in a similar price rance for the base versions, but they are probably harder to learn when starting out. A lot of people use Poser to make comics as well, which is probably the simplest way to go because your characters are already made for you.

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]