FORUMS: list search recent posts

pillusion AE plug-in

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul
pillusion AE plug-in
by
on Feb 1, 2006 at 12:50:55 am

Hi all, new to the forum and pillusion although it looks like a product that I'd like to to add to my workflow.

I noticed on the Wondertouch site they stated that the pillusion AE plug-in had a price TBA. Fair enough, but does anyone know the time frame when this plug-in will be released?

Also, with the typical bugs in new software, is the general recommendation here to buy the v3.x version of the software or roll the dice with the new plug-in. (Windows Platform)

Thanks for any insight you'd like to offer a new user to this really cool product - as it relates to using pillusion and AE.

Thanks - P

Return to posts index

lasvideo
Re: pillusion AE plug-in
on Feb 1, 2006 at 1:51:12 am

I have PI3 for windows and its is spectacular. The diversity and organic realism stunned me at first, and continues to do so. The plug in will be well worth the wait and will be released when Alan feels it is ready.

Return to posts index

Aharon Rabinowitz
Re: pillusion AE plug-in
on Feb 1, 2006 at 3:18:30 pm

It is my understanding from previous posts here in the forum that there will be advantages to using both apps, and that there will be a competitive upgrade price for those who laready own pIllusion.

Having spoken to other plug-in makers, AE's architecture limits plug-ins in certain ways when compared to their original host apps - things like Open GL tend to get hit a bit hard becasue both AE and 3D plug-in (or open GL plugin as pIllusion will be) can run slower. Also, AE has limitations on how many parameters/properties something can have, an issue that pIllusion doesn't have. Just take alook at super emitters and see how many properties are there.

On the other hand, the advantage of workin in AE is pretty big, so there are times where there'll be no substitute for that.

All that said, Since the plug-in isn't out and there's no set release date, you are better off going for it. pIllusion is one of my top 2 programs (AE being the other) and it gets the job done fast - The 2 programs (AE and pI) work well together.

Take it easy,

Aharon

----------------------------------------
Aharon Rabinowitz
aharon(AT)yahoo(DOT)com
http://www.allbetsareoff.com
----------------------------------------
Creative Cow Master Series DVD
particleIllusion Fusion Volume 1
available @ http://www.pIllusionFusion.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>