FORUMS: list search recent posts

Codecs help!

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Lorence
Codecs help!
on Jan 30, 2006 at 2:06:02 pm

A user in this forum has a problem with one of their codecs which causes particleIllusion to crash whenever they choose AVI as output type and go to choose the codec (it crashes before the codec selection dialog shows).

So in order to figure out which codec he has that is the problem, I need the help of those already using pIllusion (SE, 3.0, or the demo versions -- Windows only) to check their codec list and reply to this message if you have any of the following codecs on your machine, and you have no problems rendering an AVI in pIllusion.

ATIYUV12.DLL
CineForm HD VFW Codec
DivX :-) MPEG-4 Video Codec (Fast-Motion)
DivX :-) MPEG-4 Video Codec (Low-Motion)
ffdshow Video Codec
Fraps Video Decompressor
IYVU9_32.dll
mcdv-pro.dll
Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec
PICVideo MJPEG Codec
Pinnacle PIM1 32-bit AVI Codec
XviD MPEG-4 Video Codec

To check which codecs are on your machine: Start - Settings - Control Panel - Sounds and Audio devices. Then click the "hardware" tab, select "video codecs" from the bottom of the list, then click the "properties" button. Then switch to the "properties" tab.

Just to be clear, you don't have to actually use each codec to render a movie in pIllusion, you just need to be able to render ANY AVI in pIllusion.

Please only reply to this message if you have one of the above-listed codecs installed and you CAN render AVIs in pIllusion.

Thanks.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Codecs help!
on Jan 30, 2006 at 7:34:06 pm

I only have the Cineform and XVID from that list, though I've had the DIVX ones before I upgraded to divx 5.2.

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

Steven L. Gotz
on Jan 30, 2006 at 8:03:17 pm

I have these from your list, among many others, and I can export to uncompressed AVI. No problem.

CineForm HD VFW Codec
IYUV9_32.dll (typo in yours? - or a problem codec?)
Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec
XviD MPEG-4 Video Codec

Steven
http://www.stevengotz.com

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Jan 30, 2006 at 8:15:15 pm

So here's the updated list of codecs that have not been verified:

ATIYUV12.DLL
ffdshow Video Codec
Fraps Video Decompressor
mcdv-pro.dll
PICVideo MJPEG Codec
Pinnacle PIM1 32-bit AVI Codec

and this one is probably ok:
IYVU9_32.dll

although the correct name may be: IYUV9_32.dll

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

C. Spafford
on Jan 30, 2006 at 11:29:42 pm

Hello again, and thanks for all the effort you and others have put into tracking this issue down!

Just wanted to confirm the spelling of that last codec. It is, in fact, IYVU9_32.dll , no spelling error here.

As I run 2 seperate virus checkers, I somewhat doubt that it is a virus or trojan, but one never knows.... ??

Anyway, looks like you are well on the way to tracking down the offending codec that I have. Thanks again to all!!

Return to posts index

Steven L. Gotz
on Jan 31, 2006 at 6:35:23 pm

If it is spelled that way, then it is suspect. YUV is a common nomenclature. So maybe it needs to be replaced?

Steven

Return to posts index

C. Spafford
on Jan 31, 2006 at 8:49:51 pm

Did a quick search on the net, and found it to be a video codec for one of my cameras, a Kodak. Gotta keep that one! :-)

Return to posts index

Steven L. Gotz
on Jan 31, 2006 at 10:13:26 pm

But spelled like that? OK. But if I were having troubles, it would be the first one gone. You can always reinstall it later.

Steven

Return to posts index

C. Spafford
on Feb 1, 2006 at 8:08:29 am

Yes, spelled exactly that way. Here is the link to the information I got about the codec... http://www.usb-drivers.com/drivers/69/69728.htm

However, considering the fact that I'm doing a system upgrade in two days, I went ahead and went with your advice, and removed that codec. I figured that what the heck, I've already removed several that were suggested, one more wouldn't hurt.

Imagine my surprise when PI started rendering AVIs for me!! ( big grin ) A BIG Thank You for your suggestion. It proved to hit paydirt.

Now my only issue is to try to figure out how to get PI and my Kodak camera to play well together on the new OS that will be installed.

Until then, I have a couple of days to render/test to my hearts content.

Many thanks, everyone who helped with suggestions!

Return to posts index

tachylon
on Feb 7, 2006 at 2:18:11 pm

what about Canopus DV and Mainconcept. thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]