FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particle Illusion 3.0.1a Transitions?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Donovan
Particle Illusion 3.0.1a Transitions?
on Jan 23, 2006 at 3:56:59 am

Hi, is there a way to use an emitter as a transition? I'm thinking I saw a demo where one bg image (let's say an avi) "melted away" with an emitter effect to reveal another bg image. Can you affect a bg image (avi or still) directly with an emitter? Thanks, Donovan

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
Re: Particle Illusion 3.0.1a Transitions?
on Jan 23, 2006 at 9:46:20 am

Particles can pick their colour up from a background image, cover that image up, and then move off screen as you hide the image to reveal the background image on the layer below.

The same techinque is used in this tutorial to blow up a person, but if you were to replace the person with a full background, you can create a transition.
http://www.creativecow.net/cgi-bin/page_wrapper.cgi?forumid=23&page=/articl...

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

Donovan
on Jan 23, 2006 at 3:54:46 pm

Thank you for your reply. I had already found the tutorial to blow up a person, and couldn't figure out how to change background image options per the instructions (Background Image options for that layer, uncheck the Hold Last Frame box.)I tried right clicking on the bg image layer and of course that option isn't there. I'd love to do that effect, can you spell it out a little for me? Thanks! Donovan

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Jan 23, 2006 at 7:57:22 pm

If right-clicking doesn't bring up a menu with Background Images as an option, try double-clicking on the grey square in the layers window. That will bring up the same box.

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
on Jan 23, 2006 at 8:14:24 pm

You saw that "melting away" example in the "3.0 sneak peek" reel in our gallery I think.

There are MANY ways that you can use emitters for transitions. Three of the first I can think of are:

1) use emitters as-is to transition (requires another app for compositing) -- a line of fire, explosion, etc.

2) Use the alpha channel (in another app) for transitioning. Create an emitter that fills up the screen, wipes across it, etc.

3) Use emitters that use the "get color from layer" feature. Use a line emitter to "peel" the image away, an area emitter to "shatter" the image, etc. The key here is to "turn off" the background image after the emitter grabs its colors from it.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

Donovan
on Jan 23, 2006 at 10:41:08 pm

Thanks guys for the quick replies, and good information. It makes more sense now. I appreciate your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]