FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVI Glitch?

COW Forums : particle Illusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ScottyJ
AVI Glitch?
on Jan 18, 2006 at 11:13:18 pm

It seems whenever i export a clip that i've made in ParticleIllusion to an AVI, when i go to play it in windows media player a segment of the screen pauses while the rest of the clip goes on. So as soon as it hits a certain frame, a chunk of the clip will pause and remain paused until the end of the clip. Can anyone help me? Is there something in my exporting that im doing wrong? Please let me know.

Return to posts index

Alan Lorence
Re: AVI Glitch?
on Jan 19, 2006 at 12:30:16 am

What codec are you choosing? That can make all the difference.

Alan.
wondertouch

Return to posts index

ScottyJ
on Jan 19, 2006 at 4:17:06 am

Cinepak Codec by Radius. I'm trying to export it as a different one now, and see what the result is. I'll let you know if it worked

Return to posts index

ScottyJ
on Jan 19, 2006 at 4:18:13 am

Sorry to Double Post, but it worked. Thanks alot man :D

Return to posts index

Elvis Deane
on Jan 19, 2006 at 4:29:35 am

From what you said in the first post, I don't think its a codec issue.

If you begin to render something and then open up a window for another program over that, the part of the pIllusion stage that gets covered up by the window will freeze in the final render. I know this happens to me quite a bit with MSN or Yahoo messenger windows, as well as a lot of other programs when they pop up over my render.

As far as I know it's an OpenGL issue, because it happens when I do a preview render in 3dsmax or softimage.

And as a side note, Cinepak = bad. It's a realllllly old codec, good a few years back, but just slow and bulky compared to most new codecs.

--
Elvis Deane!
The particleIllusion FAQ
particleIllusion Resources and tutorial CD
Astounding Adventures

Return to posts index

ScottyJ
on Jan 19, 2006 at 4:53:53 am

Thanks, I guess that couldve been the case too. I usually have like 7 windows open at a time :P . Once again, thanks alot guys. You've been a great help.

-Scott

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]